Isagenix Brain Boost & Renewal Improves Cognitive Function in Middle-Aged Adults
If you thought cognitive decline was only a problem for the elderly, think again.
Recent research has shown that cognitive decline begins decades before symptoms actually appear. In fact, scientists have found progressive declines in memory, learning, attention, and decision-making in people as young as 35 years old (1).
Because of this looming threat, Michael Colgan, Ph. D., expert in brain aging, along with Isagenix scientists collaborated on finding a solution for preserving brain health. More than 1,000 animal studies and human clinical trials have identified a number of individual nutrients that support different aspects of brain function (2-7). One of the major findings gleaned from these studies was that a synergistic blend of nutrients multiplies the power to support brain function beyond the use of individual nutrients alone.
Unlike other companies who use only one or two individual nutrients to support one or two brain functions, Isagenix has sought the best synergistic combinations to support multiple brain structures and functions. Taking from the most significant research, the Isagenix team came up with three different formulas of synergistic combinations of eight nutrients. By testing three different formulations in a clinical pilot study, the team was able to assess which product showed the greatest improvements in various cognitive tests.
Thirty-eight subjects ages 35 and older received one of three developed brain products. All subjects were also given Product B, IsaOmega Supreme, and IsaLean Shakes. Baseline cognitive evaluation of the subjects consisted of tests designed to analyze:
- Balance: Determines the accuracy that the brain receives, interprets, and processes information from various systems that control balance.
- Brain speed: Analyzes how quickly the brain can process information and convert it into an action.
- Working memory: Assesses how well the brain can actively hold multiple pieces of information.
- Cognitive flexibility: Determines accuracy of hand-eye coordination.
After supplementation for 3 and 6 weeks, subjects returned for their cognitive re-evaluations.
Isagenix introduced Brain Boost & Renewal, at the 10thannual Isagenix Celebration this past August in Phoenix, and it could not have come soon enough. More and more research is showing that early action is key in delaying the onset of cognitive decline.
This comprehensive brain protecting formulation is designed to protect mitochondria (the powerhouses of our cells) from oxidative stress, combat cellular reactivity, slow glycation (sugar toxicity on the brain and a major cause of premature aging), stimulate growth of neurons, and boost neurotransmitter function. (For information on how each of the ingredients work, see our article “Superhero Nutrients for Your Aging Brain”.)
Through these mechanisms, Isagenix Brain Boost & Renewal helps maintain memory, promotes mental focus, concentration, and decision-making, and supports healthy brain aging.
“It’s never too early or late to start giving your brain everything it needs to build a long, healthy and sustained life,” states Colgan. “The best investment you will ever make is in the future health of your brain.”
Isagenix Brain and Sleep Support System™
Total Peace of Mind.
Combining the proven power of vigorous brain-boosting nutrients combined with a powerful melatonin and nutrient complex spray, makes the Isagenix® Brain and Sleep Support System an ideal way to achieve restful sleep while supporting healthy brain function.
Save Your Brain!
Brain Boost & Renewal™ is a proprietary formula containing a host of brain-friendly nutrients to promote mental focus, concentration, decision-making and memory. Taken daily, Brain Boost & Renewal supports your ability to learn new information while providing dietary support for memory and overall brain health and function.
Studies show that cognitive decline begins in your thirties. The earlier you support brain health, the better. Brain Boost & Renewal provides natural dietary support for aiding memory and assisting in overall brain function, including:
- Supports healthy brain function and optimal cognitive function*
- Assists mental clarity, focus, concentration and memory*
- Optimizes your ability to learn new information
Sleep Support & Renewal™ is nightly nutrition for your brain in an all-natural, fast-acting melatonin and nutrient complex spray. This formula contains melatonin, L-theanine and a proprietary blend of natural herbs and ingredients. The ingredients work synergistically to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep while helping to improve the quality of sleep and increase total sleep time. The benefits of improved sleep quality include better focus, memory and alertness. Features:
- Helps reduce time it takes to fall asleep
- Supports an improved quality of sleep
Save Your Brain With This Dynamic [Brain] Duo.
The proven power of melatonin and vigorous brain-boosting nutrients make the Isagenix® Brain and Sleep Support System™ an unbeatable combination that helps you reap the rewards of restful sleep while supporting optimal brain function.
- Singh-Manoux A, Kivimaki M, Glymour MM et al. Timing of onset of cognitive decline: results from Whitehall II prospective cohort study. BMJ 2012;344:d7622.
- Begum AN, Jones MR, Lim GP et al. Curcumin structure-function, bioavailability, and efficacy in models of neuroinflammation and Alzheimer’s disease. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2008;326:196-208.
- Bhardwaj RK, Glaeser H, Becquemont L, Klotz U, Gupta SK, Fromm MF. Piperine, a major constituent of black pepper, inhibits human P-glycoprotein and CYP3A4. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2002;302:645-50.
- Wattanathorn J, Chonpathompikunlert P, Muchimapura S, Priprem A, Tankamnerdthai O. Piperine, the potential functional food for mood and cognitive disorders. Food Chem Toxicol 2008;46:3106-10.
- Carlson DA, Smith AR, Fischer SJ, Young KL, Packer L. The plasma pharmacokinetics of R-(+)-lipoic acid administered as sodium R-(+)-lipoate to healthy human subjects. Altern Med Rev 2007;12:343-51.
- Montgomery SA, Thal LJ, Amrein R. Meta-analysis of double blind randomized controlled clinical trials of acetyl-L-carnitine versus placebo in the treatment of mild cognitive impairment and mild Alzheimer’s disease. Int Clin Psychopharmacol 2003;18:61-71.
- Arenth PM, Russell KC, Ricker JH, Zafonte RD. CDP-choline as a biological supplement during neurorecovery: a focused review. PM R 2011;3:S123-S131.